This accession consists of materials produced in an attempt to document an old Catholic Mission building in Fort Resolution. The building was constructed in 1905 and demolished in 1987, and was primarily used as a residence for priests and brothers. Prior to its destruction, staff from the NWT Archives along with an architect visited Fort Resolution and conducted an initial survey of the building. In the following months Gail Beaulieu interviewed Father Louis Menez and Violet Beaulieu about the history of the building. Records in this accession include sound recordings and transcripts of the two interviews; architectural drawings of the basement, main, second, and third floors of the building, based on measurements taken during the survey; and a photograph of the mission building.
Northwest Territories. Department of Culture and Communications. Museums and Heritage division. NWT Archives