1600’ Original film
- E.-3 Inuvik: Father Brown in his speedboat.
- Colville Lake: mission in summer from the Lake
- Colville: winter: mission, church, lodge
- Father Brown in church working: Charlie Masuzumi putting up stars
- Dup: Father Brown paints first madonna.
- Church logs in the Lake: church up to fifth log
- Levelling the church footings, mixing cement, pouring forms.
- First logs in place, five logs up: raise steeple legs.
- Setting the plate log: first roof rafters.
- Sheeting the roof, sheeting the steeple with aluminum shingles.
- Raising the steeple: trimming log ends.
- The mission & church in winter.
- F.J. Brownings saw mill: Fort Simpson Father H. Posset O.M.I.
- Camping along the Mackenzie River: native [Dene?] tent camps.
- Fort Wrigley, Rocher Clark
- Colville: moving the big tent Aug 31, 1962
- Sheeting the mission roof, shingling, steeple - Paul Cotchilly
- Father Brown trimming steeple supports, painting steeple cross.
- Raising the steeple: the finished mission.
- Raising the ridge pole: nailing roof rafters.
- Raising the antenna poles, trimming rafter ends (ceiling)
- Placing rafters fish house,
- Father Brown watches workers nailing roofing mission,
- Father Brown & five white pups:
- Pulling a net set under ice: kids playing native ball (eyati)
- On the Slave River: Aquinas boys, two canoes: Fort Fitzgerald.
- Camping Athabaska Delta.. Frank Wratni washing pants.
- With geese, jackfish, reeds store
- Fort Providence: scenes of mission interior.
- Fort Smith: scenes, relaunching canoe at Belle [Bell] Rock.
- Stop at Fort Resolution: camp on Dead Man’s Island.
- Hary [Hay] River: natives outside church: arrival (Fr. [Father] Loquat)
- Fort Providence: meeting Father Alexis Robin, & Lusson O.M.I.
- Fort McMurray snye, loading canoe, on the Athabaska River
- Wood Buffalo Park Hay Camp, buffalo, dog corral: Ed Olson.
Reel # 44
850’ Original footage
- Colville Lake: Kochon spring camp delta, Alfred Saiten, Sharon Kochon
- Philip Codzi Sr. makes canoe: Marguerite Codzi canvassing.
- Antoine Codzi repairs his canoe
- Spring camp on Ketaniahtue
- Edward Oudzi, Philip & Dora Codzi paddling their canoe.
- Fleshing beaver: Mary Barnaby? Madeline & Verona Pascal.
- Beaver skins: Bertha Tinatchie: Mary Barnaby
- Charlie Masuzumi stretches rats
- The Kochon family arrive by dog packs in June.
- Joseph Codzi arrives with dog packs: Codzis & Johnny Blancho in canoes.
- Mary Codzi & pups
- Litter of mission pups
- Charlie Masuzumi’s white pups with Sharon & Millie Gully
- Adele Edzai & her husband’s old dog
- Gene Oudzi gets a sled load of fire wood in summer
- Dodzi family bring canoe load of firewood: fireweed.
- Kids on the giant step and swimming, Betty & Lucy Ann Barnaby on porch
- Nurse Florence Emmott arrives by float plane.
- B John leads Alfred Saiten to annual treaty paid on mission porch.
- Summer game day: canoe races, sack races etc.
- Drying whitefish at Mitzermonchontin: Ethlole and Baptistine
- Madeline Codzi, Verona Pascal, Adele Adzari at Mitzerchontin.
- Charlie Masuzumi builds his cabin: Nora: fire in muskeg near Dedeleteme.
- Berry-picking picnic Sailakenini: baby Robert Kochon.
- Store freight arriving: raft of firewood: eyati ball game
- Kids leave for school: CF-OMI picks up Masuzumi boys
- Fall fishing from the Loon: putting stick fish on the mission stage.
- Dene (Antoine Kochon?) & swan: J. B. Gully, Joe Oudzi & moose.
- The Loon takes the Codzi family to the bush in fall (Ontadun ?)
- Kochons leave with dog packs in fall: Martin launches canoe fall.
1100’ Original film (some scotch tape splices)
Scenes around Fort McMurray 1958-62)
- Fort McMurray in winter: aerial view
- Church hospital : convent : grotto
- Moving the warehouse (bought by Harpes)
- Brother Guerin: girls wash parish pickup
- Mixing cement for the virgin statue pediment.
- Grey Nuns decorating the shrine, its fountain working
- Father Brown with horse Tonka and boy scouts
- St. John’s school yard, kids playing
- School auditorium: altar boys initiation rites.
- Srs. Marie Poliot & Josie Kergoat pick berries
- The Grey Nuns clean up McDonalds cabin
- Father Brown and litter of pups
- Driving his team on the frozen Athabaska River.
- Father Brown brings in a moose he shot with his team
- Brother Vincent Cadoret and F.B. [Father Brown] visit nets set in Athabaska R. [River]
- George Sanderson loading his rifle
- The July 1st sports day: prairie
- Waterways: N.T.C.L. & H.B.C. shipyards
- Fall pullout of boats & barges: Radium Scout - NTCL
- Flood near Nar Horse Creek
- Waterways: buildings (taped splices)
- Northern Alberta railroad depot: Waterways: steam engine
- McMurray airport
- R.C.A.F. chopper to Stoney Mountain Mid-Canada line
- Anzac: mass & baptism: porch of John Warings cabin: Father Brown
- Chief Napesis Cree: team & wagon
- Digging potatoes in mission field (700 bags)
- Father Brown and Mayrath car
- Brother Cadoret mends a net
Reel # 34
- Fort McMurray snye, launching the big boy canoe.
- Trip down the Athabaska River: stop at Reeds store to gas.
- Camping on the shore of Lake Athabaska, fish, ducks.
- The [Fort] Fitzgerald portage
- The Fort Smith cathedral
- Wood Buffalo Park, Hay Camp, dog camp.
- Relaunching the canoe at Belle [Bell] Rock
- Fort Resolution stop
- Camp on Dead Man’s Island.
- Hay River Indian Village [Kátł'odeeche First Nation]: Fr. [Father] Loquat, departure.
- Fort Providence: the mission, Frs. Robin & Lusson
- On the Mackenzie: F.J. Brownings sawmill
- Fort Simpson: Fr. [Father] H. Posset takes the mail in the rain
- Camp on Birch Island
- Fort Wrigley & people.
Fort Norman (duplicate film)
- Tour of the town
- The old and new church (original film ?)
- Tour inside the old church
- Father Brown celebrates high mass
- Reloading the canoe, Hamar Nelson
- Norman Wells - a panorama
- The P.W.A. Beaver (pilot Keniston)
Reel # 36
1000’ Original footage
- Colville: setting first tent Aug. 1962
- Making the plan, cutting brush: girls lay spruce bough tent floor
- Aquinas boys washing on the dock: arrival of Beaver CF-OMI
- Father Brown working on privy: levelling mission floor joices [joists]
- Unloading gravel and pouring cement footing of new mission.
- Aquinas boys return from fishing
- The three native [Dene] cooks: Sarah Kochon, Monique Cotchilly, Alice Gully
- Mass in the big tent (double footage) end of August snow fall.
- Bringing in golere (dry poles) with Charlie Masuzumis boat.
- Bob Engle unloads his Single Otter at the dock
- Father Brown marking logs with scribe: Louis Oudzi.
- Agnes Oudzi and Wilfred Kochon hold the mission plaque
- The mission up to the fourth log.
- Father Brown trimming log ends, the plate log, boys bring in net.
- Insulating the fish house: Father Brown builds the steeple
- Brian & Frank catching losche (ligne cod) [loche, ling cod] with set line.
- Putting up stick fish on the stage (duplicate)
- Nailing the rubberoid roof shingles.
- Original film: plate log on fish house, snow on ground.
- Dup film: back of the mission, setting in windows.
- Painting log ends, making the mission porch railing
- Orig.: continuing making the porch railings: Lucy Ann Barnaby.
- Setting the plaque in the front porch wall
- Laying pink fiberglass under the mission floor.
- Father Brown laying plywood flooring, painting it.
- Father Brown in the shop making drawers, chairs, etc.
- Working on the chapel altar, ladder to attic.
- Dup: the mission complete from outside.
Reel # 29
Taken around Fort Smith, N.W.T. 1961
Visit of T.R. Mere G. Leduc S.G.M. Superior General of Grey Nuns
Also Mere L. Elie S.G.M. her assistant
DC-3 lands: entourage to St. Annes hospital
The new cathedral : celebrant Gilles Mousseau OMI
Visit of mother general by dog team to local Indian [Dene and/or Cree] families
Dec. 8th visit to St. Joseph’s cathedral
High mass: Msgr. P. Fallaize: Bishop Piche: J. Turcotte: C. Gilles
St. Anne’s hospital: S.G.M. staff & patients
Sister’s chapel: kitchen: dining room. Sr. Marie Poliot S.G.M.
Father Leon Mokwa O.M.I. - Superior
Children in school (federal day school)
Grey Nuns sewing room : laundry
The Grey Nuns community dancing !
Farewell to mother general: Dec. 11, 1961- Fort Smith airport DC-3
July 1st parade
Governor General Vanier and Superior General Leo Deschatalets O.M.I. arrive on mission aircraft at Bell Rock: greeting by all the Oblates
Foyer Grandin: the Oblates on the front steps
The cathedral interior: stations of the cross etc.
Confirmations by Bishop Paul Piche
Choir boys at Foyer Granding [Grandin]: Father Marc Barrier O.M.I.
School play in their auditorium
Superior General Deschatalets receives the Oblate Brothers
Superior General leaves in the mission Beaver.
Local scenes around Fort Smith
- The hospital patients: Sr. Josie Kergoat S.G.M.
- R.C.M.P. compound & barracks :
- The Indian village [Salt River First Nation?]
- Pelican rapids: H.B.C. store: people
- Father Leon Mokwa O.M.I. arrives by skiff
- Deschatalets leaves in the mission Beaver.
Reel # 37
1400’ best original footage.
- Colville Lake from the air August 1962
- Unloading the PWA Beaver: first trip in: first shore fire.
- Setting first tent: cutting brush: Father Brown makes the plan.
- Building the dock: skidding logs & barking them.
- Hare Indian [Sahtu Dene] girls bring in spruce boughs for tent floor.
- Hauling gravel by boat: arrival of CF-OMI: digging the privy
- Aquinas boys bring in jackfish: three girls cooking
- Mass in the tent : mixing & pouring cement
- Father Brown levelling the missions floor joices [joists].
- Bob Engels arrived with freight in his Single Otter aircraft
- Father Brown scribing logs, cutting: mission dogs tied at bank.
- Hauling in dry spruce: tea break in the tent: mission up 5 logs.
- Raising roof rafter in the fish house
- Agnes Oudzi and Wilfred Kochon & mission plaque.
- Raising the plate log
- Inside placing the ceiling rafters.
- A rainbow, August snow storm.
- Brian & Frank fishing off 18’ canoe, set lines, gill net.
- Father Brown builds the steeple
- Dup- sheeting & shingling the roof.
- Cutting in the windows : painting log ends.
- Building the fish stage: stick fish: freight for the store.
- Father Brown builds porch railing: places mission name plate.
- Inside: laying the insulation under flooring.
- Shop: Father Brown building drawers, bunks, chair, altar.
- Painting the Madonna of the Snows for the mission chapel
Building the church: original film:
- Cutting brush on the church site: Charles Codzi: Luke Tinatchie
- Father Brown building 1st Loon & launching.
- Log boom at Wekata: skidding logs up on to the church site.
- Laying out the church foundation
- Peeling logs: mixing cement & pouring.
- First log: Richard McNeely, John Blancho Jr., Wilfred Kochon
- Raising the four steeple legs, the Loon hauling golere.
- Up 11 logs: tea break aboard the Loon: logs floating near Wekata.
- The plate logs: roof rafters, sheeting the church roof.
- Father Brown builds the steeple, raising it, shingling
- Trimming & painting log ends: insulating, windows, cement steps.
- Father Brown making benches altar vestment cases.
- A/BP Pignadoli blesses church. Raising bell, congregation, panorama
Reel # 38
900’ Original footage [25 minutes]
- Winter: panorama: all the R.C. buildings
- Father Brown at his desk, shop making a "thlukwa", ptarmigan.
- Pups Sampson & Delilah eating ptarmigan
- Father Brown harnessing his team and leaves with wood sled.
- Father Brown at wood lot 1968 (taken by John Foster C.B.C.)
- Father Brown returns with firewood.
- Father Brown leaves with team hitched to a toboggan.
- Visiting net set under ice: the fish pit: Charles Codzi
- Father Brown builds an igloo.
- The five frozen wolves killed with strychnine at Aubrey Lake.
- Christmas party at the mission:
- Father Brown & team travelling: the caribou hunt north.
- Panorama : R.C. buildings, glare ice, freeze up.
- Spring: tree swallows
- Building and launching the "Loon"- 1963
- The Loon crossing the lake: litter of 3-month old pups
- Building the first lodge: 1965
- Outpost: sodding the roof of the first lodge.
- Fire off s. [south] end of the airport: Father Brown on D-4 cat.
- Mass in the mission chapel: a baptism
- Mass at the cemetery
- At outpost breaking ice with the Loon in fall.
- Moose: fall fishing off the Loon: Father Brown & Charlie Masuzumi
- Bro. Roger Mahe O.M.I. on dock with wheelbarrow of fish.
- Dog Samson eating a whitefish.
- Freezeup: pulling the Loon out for winter.
Reel # 25
700’ Original film
The building of the A frame log church at Nahanni Butte Oct. 1961
Fort Simpson: aerial view: ground view
The grotto: St. Margaret’s Hospital: the church
The hockey rink (Fr. [Father] Lesage)
The mission barns, chickens, Brothers
The Mackenzie River running ice in fall (Oct)
Fr. Henry Posset OMI: Fort Simpson Trading Co. Store
Lapointe Hall School: Grey Nuns & children
Flight up to Nahanni Butte with Dick Turner Super Cub [airplane]
The Scandinavian’s willow canoe
Old Slavey [Dene person] making a birch toboggan
Village life: tanning moose hide.
The school & pupils
Father Brown measures the logs for the church
First span of church raised
Sheeting roof, raising four steeple logs.
Side walls: five logs up (43 ft logs)
Project snowed on, Father Brown builds the steeple
Insulating logs with fiberglass
Painting log ends white & trim.
After the first mass: Fr. [Father] Posset flies in,
Job took 23 working days
This film has blackboard titles.
- 1959 leaving McMurray snye in 22' canoe with Brother P. Latreille
- Passing NTCL barges: Mildred Lake project: Fort McKay
- Passing various cabins, tents : Father George Begin O.M.I.
- Father Brown & Phillip Stenne, duck hunt delta of Athabaska R. [River]
- Bagging geese: bald ? eagle
- Camsell Portage: repairing the roof of the mission
- Philip Stenne's fishing boat: Mike Powder in skiff.
- The R.C.M. [RCMP] flag over mission St. Bernard: Felix Powder repairs boat
- Father Brown & geese at Morris Point.
- Port Radium: Echo Bay Mine from the air.
- [Fort] McMurray: the outside virgin's shrine
- Father Brown saying mass in the cathedral Fort Smith
- In the big boy freighter canoe (light leaks)
- Philip & Mary Stenne by camp fire (light leaks)
Reel # 35
- Cessna CF-SLA : Margaret sweeps snow off
- Margaret driving dogs: Jason in the lead (1973 ?)
- Ruth Mark, April
- [CF-SLA] SLA on skis: water on the ice.
- Margaret on cross country skis: tree swallows
- Father Brown : Bill Swimmer [Schwimmer] on Folendu Island: arctic terns
- The cemetery at Kongarawelini: shore lunch for fishermen.
- The outpost: B.W.B. painting boats spring.
- The boat "Loon" at outpost dock.
- Jim & Agnes Kelly at outpost.
- Father Tom Brown & Bob Temmerman (and son)
- Outpost: fishing for pike & grayling.
- SLA [CF-SLA] at the dock: the Paulatuk tent camp May.
- Margaret casting for char at Rummy Lake (near Paulatuk)
- Fort Confidence: the chimneys [Great Bear Lake]
- The trading post (and mission?) at Dease River, G.B. [Great Bear] Lake
Reel # 28
Taken at Fort Smith
Installation of new bishop Paul Piche OMI
- Mission plane : Beaver CF-OMI landing at Bell Rock (?)
- Bishop elect Paul Piche landing
- Procession of all Oblates to the old cathedral
- High mass: Bishop Piche celebrant
- The Grey Nuns choir in the loft
- The banquet in the hospital refectory
- Local natives [Indigenous people, probably Chipewyan and/or Cree] looking at construction work on new cathedral
- The new bishop meets the people
- St. Joseph cathedral under construction
- The Oblate brother building St. Anne’s Hospital
- First communion class in the completed new cathedral
- Entertainment by pupils in the school auditorium
Reel # 30
From Fort Smith to Fort Franklin
- Fort Smith: the grotto: candlelight procession
- Fort Fitzgerald: unloading H.B.C. barge
- The Fitz [Fort Fitzgerald] mission, church & Fr. [Father] Napoleon Lafferty’s shrine
- Brother Medard Latreille sits in the dog wagon
- Frs. Lafferty, Roussel (Theodore) Lemeur (Robert) Latreille
- [Fort] Smith: fork lift working in the warehouse
- Fr. Jules Adam O.M.I. picking tomatoes
- Bro. L’abbe with turkeys: the Grey Nuns sewing
- St. Anne’s hospital: Grey Nuns & ward aids
- Sant’anna at Bell Rock : loading & leaving for the north
- Fort Resolution: panorama: hostel children
- Boat Immaculata picnic: s.g.m. & o.m.i.
- Sant’anna crossing Great Slave Lake: Father Rioux O.M.I.
- Fort Providence: Brother H.L. Sarault O.M.I. at the helm
- Cemetery: offloading my International truck
- All the Oblates pass in review
- Mills Lake: N.T.C.L. barge passing
- Fort Simpson: Brothers running their thrashing machine
- Gov. experimental farm : Father Lize O.M.I.
- Flying by Beaver down to Fort Norman
- Ft. Norman tractor: Frs. Jean Grias & Wm Leising
- Church interior (dark)
- Flying O.M.I. Beaver to Fort Franklin: the mission: the settlement.
- The marriage of a Tanniton girl: a rat canoe.
- Mission freighter canoe: Wm Leising, Dr. Melling
- Fort Good Hope: Father A. Robin, Leising, Rene Fumoleau O.M.I.
- Dene wood raft & moose carcass: the church out & in (b/w ?)
- Mills Lake sunset
Reel # 12
1100’Original film ?
Lake Athabaska: towing the "Ark" * 30 ft skiff (R.P. Rousseliere OMI)
- Skiff in rough seas Lake Athabaska: Mike Powder
- Father Brown & Phillip Stenne at fish camp, Black Bay Oct. 1954
- Father Brown at kicker: breaking ice: putting up stick fish.
- Camsell mission St. Bernard (duplicate)
- Hauling water: dog blankets: harnessing dogs: Philip driving dogs.
- Father Brown harnesses dogs: Philip, Archie Powder & 16’ komatik
- Spring komatik trip to Black Lake, Sask.
- Travelling with dogs, nailing cabin door: Philip
- At Black Lake: nets, scenes around the settlement
- Father Brown brings communion to a sick Chipewyan woman in a tent.
- Kids playing: women at work, washing etc.
Father Brown’s spring dog sled trip 1956
Tuktuk [Tuktoyaktuk]: scenes around town
- Schooner Our Lady of Lourdes on the beech.
- Bob and Margaret Cockney
- Pokiak kids & dogs
- Husky Lakes: family in basket sled photograph Father Brown & team
- Setting a tent on the ice Husky Lakes
- Jiggling for trout: Edgar Kutakut & pup
- Wallace Lucas tent camp: reindeer
- Father Brown followed Edgar’s team into Tuk [Tuktoyaktuk]:
- Whitefish Station: summer
- Schooner "North Star" Fred Carpenter at Tuk [Tuktoyaktuk]:
- Whaling at Whitefish Station
- Fleshing beluga hide (Alice Thrasher)
- Drying hides: beluga stomach: making muktuk
- Reindeer along the shore at Whitefish
- Building the ice carnival igloo
- Carnival queen Florence Hagen
- East branch of Mackenzie at breakup
1200’ Original film "Eskimo Film"
- Dog team: Reindeer Station to Husky Lakes: Father Brown in parka
- Aklavik: kids sliding in winter with "Nitlett"
- Cub Scouts, Cub master Father Brown & visit of Gov. Gen. Vincent Massey
- Jack Goose from Holman Is. [Ulukhaktok] builds an igloo in R.C. yard : Aklavik
- Mildred Pokiak tries out this igloo
- Building the carnival igloo at Inuvik 1957
- Reindeer in harness for the carnival (loaned by Lee Post)
- Eskimo [Inuvialuit] family in basket sled Husky Lakes
- Pitching a tent : Husky Lakes
- Chopping 7 ft. ice Husky Lakes for jiggling trout
- Mona Felix jiggling. Edgar Kotakut’s pup eats chunk of muktuk
- Edgar & Father Brown travel by dogs to Tuk [Tuktoyaktuk]
- Tuktuk [Tuktoyaktuk] scenes : kids, dogs, DEW line station
- Beaver aircraft , Father Franche’s Bombardier
- Bob Cockney, Father Brown driving dogs.
- Tuk [Tuktoyaktuk] : summer: schooner "North Star"
- Whitefish Station, people, tents, dogs etc.
- Reindeer herd on the beach
- Eskimo [Inuvialuit] look out for beluga, schooners leave.
- On board "Only Way": Archie Headpoint
- Shooting beluga: Elias Kalinek
- Tieing [tying] on beluga, Kenneth Pilaluk & his boat, flag raising
- Beaching beluga, cutting off muktuk.
- Scraping beluga hide: Alice Thrasher. Staking hide on ground.
- Boiling muktuk to make uksook: beluga stomachs inflated.
- Billy Thrasher’s scow: his son practices harpooning.
- Sunset over the River.
Fort Chipewyan 1100’
- Panorama of Fort Chipewyan from the lake (south)
- Alexander Mackenzie’s memorial plaque on the point: old H.B.C.
- The mission buildings
- Hostel kids sport games
- Jimmy Pacquette, a faithful mission helper at work.
- Various people around the town
- [Fort Chipewyan] Chip people enjoying a summer card game in a tent.
- The Grey Nuns in Father Brown's freighter canoe: to Dogs Head.
- The Quart-Fourche; McInnes fishermen (golden eye*pickerel)
- Grey nuns: Fr. [Father] Wm Leising, Bro. [Brother] Crenn, Fr. Pat Mercredi OMI
- Bro. Henry Sarault: mission boat "St. Eugene" to Fort Fitzgerald.
- On board: Sr. Lussiere, Alice Decoine, the Moore family
- At Fort Fitzgerald the Latreille Brothers O.M.I. : Henri-Medard-Philippe
- Return voyage to Chip [Fort Chipewyan Alberta], unloading the St. Eugene.
- [Fort Chipewyan] Chip children make dandelion crowns.
- Boarding the mission plane: Beaver CF-OMI on floats.
My 1951 film of the S.G.M. * O.M.I. & children at Chip [Fort Chipewyan]
This 100 ft of film was the first movies I ever took with a camera borrowed from Father Ladriere OMI.
650’ Original footage.
The old mission restoration project: Fort McMurray, Alta. 1969
- [Fort] McMurray: the old mission: dilapidated condition, original site
- Father Brown builds skids of long green logs.
- Two N.T.C.L. TD-18 Cats hauling old mission thru town
- Digging the 6 ft. trench at the hotel parking lot to get under wires
- Father Raymond Danto O.M.I. on the Mayrath car.
- Father Brown congratulates his works after old mission move.
- George Couterier hauling land fill around old mission
- Re-shingling old mission roof with cedar shakes
- Father Brown builds a new steeple and puts it up.
- Old mission: Brother landscaping with tractor and harrow
- The finished job: old mission in winter
- The commemorative plaque in place
- The sun dial "Nisi Horas Serinas" built by Hans de Vroom
- Benediction in the old mission
- Procession leaving old mission.
Reel # 13
1250’ Original film "Indian Film"
- Camsell Portage: mission in winter
- Towing the Ark to Black Bay fall of 1954 (Mike Powder)
- Fishing at Black Bay: Lake Athabaska: Father Brown & Phillip Stenne
- At Camsell: dog "Prince" visits Father Brown at the workshop
- Father Brown exits mission with harness, harnesses dogs, leaves.
- Father Brown & Phillip Stenne travelling with dog teams.
- Father Brown harnessing dogs: kids helping.
- Father Brown & Philip on the trail: approaching Fort Chipewyan
- Down the Slave R. [River] by dogs: Moore family, Johnson’s trading post.
- Pulling a net: the ice hole
- Tough travelling: -30 & 30 mph head wind: Chip [Fort Chipewyan] to Camsell
- Return to Camsell after sled trip to Fort Smith for annual retreat.
- Spring komatik to Black Lake: Father Brown & Archie Powder 1954
- Meeting Fond du Lac [Saskatchewan] Indians [Denesųłıné] & teams
- At Black Lake, Sask. Natives [Denesųłıné] attach "leashes" to their toboggans.
- Black Lake scenes: town water hole etc.
- Marten parka: caribou skin parkas
- The mission: Father Brown takes communion to the sick.
- Wildfowl Island: Lake Athabaska: harnessing dogs F.B.[Father Brown] & Archie
- Examining caribou tracks
- Meeting 5 caribou: then 10 & 14.
- Philip shoots caribou
- Over a pressure ridge: Father Brown shoots a caribou
- F.B. [Father Brown] skins, butchers & loads komatik with this caribou
- Trail fire at Pine Channel (between Fond du Lac & Stoney Rapids [Saskatchewan])
- Sunset scene.