Eldorado Nuclear Limited

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Eldorado Nuclear Limited

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • Former name: Eldorado Gold Mines
  • Former name: Eldorado Mining and Refining

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Charles and Gilbert Labine originally established Eldorado Gold Mines, Limited in 1926 for gold claims in Manitoba. In 1930, Gilbert Labine discovered pitchblende with high uranium content near Great Bear Lake. The uranium mine at Port Radium was then established under the name Eldorado Gold Mines, Limited. The company's name was changed in 1943 to Eldorado Mining and Refining, Limited, and in 1944, it became a Crown corporation. The name was again changed in 1968 to Eldorado Nuclear Limited.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places